Are you tired of your Funimation account and want to deactivate it? Instead of searching the web for how to delete Funimation account details, read this piece. We have covered all you need to know about closing or deactivating your account.
Many reasons can lead you to search for how to delete the Funimation account. Most often, it’s due to email spamming carried by the company.
But before we get into how to delete the Funimation account, let’s know a bit about the platform.
What Is Funimation?
Sony owns Funimation. It’s an entertainment company based out of the USA and distributes various types of anime series. The company so provides dubbed anime content.
Read More: Is Major Banks A Good Career Path
Most anime fans remember Funimation, the first to bring out the dubbed version of Dragonball Z that aired on Cartoon Network. Over time, the platform has made a shift to video streaming.
Below are the ways to close your Funimation account:
How To Delete The Funimation Account
Thankfully the process to delete a Funimation account is very simple. Now, for your benefit, we have explained the steps for both mobile and desktop versions.
- Go on to the URL:
- You will reach the support page
- Enter your email address that is linked to the account you want to deactivate
- Put in your first and last name
- Use your user profile on the “Reason for Contact” section
- You can write the reason for deleting your account on the “Details box”
- Click submit
Guide On: How Many Jobs Are Available In Marine
To delete your Funimation account from your phone, you first need to sign into your account. Once you are in, click on the ” My Account” tab in the main menu and then click on “deactivate the account.
“This should redirect you to the page where you can enter your account password and confirm the code.
Click on the “deactivate my account button” and confirm your deactivation process. Confirm the deactivation method.
How To Delete Funimation Downloads?
Mostly deleting the Funimation account will delete all your downloads from Funimation. However, depending on your phone type, you can use the phone’s internet browser, reach the Funimation website, and log in to your account.
Go to the account and look for options to cancel your account or follow the steps mentioned above. The process you follow should deactivate your subscription and also delete your downloads.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I delete my Funimation account in 2020?
Follow the steps below to remove your Funimation account:
- Log into funimation.com
- Click on the account link in the upper right side corner of the screen
- Click on ” My Account” on the “Settings tab”
- You will find the “Remove account” button under the “Account Details”
- Enter your email address and password
- Confirm the information and submit the request
2. How do I cancel my Funimation account?
To cancel your Funimation account, follow the steps below:
- Log into your Funimation account
- Click on the My Account section at the top of the page
- On the My Accounts page, click on Subscriptions
- Once on the subscription page, click the blue Cancel my subscription button
- Select Submit to complete the process
3. Can I cancel my Funimation free trial?
Yes, you can. The process to cancel the free trial is similar to the one listed above in the article. Funimation free trial for 14 days is available for all new customers.
The platform starts to charge only when the free trial period ends and if you haven’t canceled your subscription.
4. Should I cancel my Funimation?
It will depend on what you are watching right now. Crunchyroll aims to have 80% of Funimation’s library soon, which would include all the exclusive and dub content.
However, you will still have some original content on Funimation that will not be available on Crunchyroll.
So it’s best to check if the content you are watching on Funimation is available on Crunchyroll. If not, then hold off from canceling your account right now till you complete your watch list.
Funimation is great for anime lovers, and if you are one of them, you will definitely enjoy streaming the content of this channel.
However, you can cancel your membership if you have access to a Crunchyroll account that now has most of the Funimation content. In this piece, we have explained the process in detail. We hope you find it helpful.